Saturday, June 23, 2007

Look Ma -- I'm Eating Waffles!
I can't remember ever REALLY liking pancakes, mostly because I find maple syrup too sweet. Growing up, we didn't have a waffle iron in my household, but I didn't feel like I was missing much with the aforementioned aversion to the default sweet sauce people feel compelled to put on them.

Sometime in my 20s (goodness, I'm old), I discovered IHOP and their crepes of joy. Cheese blintzes with strawberries? Yes, please. Why didn't someone alert me to the greatness of alternate pancake toppings sooner?

A while back, we bought the cutest little waffle iron for Hans. Combine that with my killer recipe for buttermilk waffles, and you get this:

waffles

Seriously, if I had known it was acceptable to incorporate ice cream into breakfast this way sooner, I would have become a huge waffle advocate... and by huge, I mean about 200 pounds heavier... but still.

And while I'm uploading photos, this is the candle shade I was talking about the other day:
frangipanicandle

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Jun 22 2007, 10:57 pm

Is it just me or do those penguins look like stabbing victims?

9:37 PM  

Jun 23 2007, 01:03 am

Haha... no, Hans also said something about innards.

9:37 PM  

Post a comment