Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Day at the Races
The horse race that everyone seems to care about happened again this week. I was only slightly more interested this year than last, but that's because I seem to be a gambler at heart.

I got in on a little pool. $2 a horse. I drew Dizelle, Pop Rock, and Delta Blues. (I feel a little Marc Cohn coming on.) But yeah, it was a photo finish, with Delta Blues just beating out Pop Rock. And I walked away with $36. Woot!

NoMoNaNo
I determined this week that... I don't want to be a writer anymore. I know that NaNoWriMo is a challenge to do something that lots of people dream about doing, but I don't think I do anymore. At this point in my life, I'd rather be doing DrawMo!... or maybe I'll do NaArMaMo next August. My passion is for a different art at the moment, though words may woo me back someday. For now, I think I'll sit on the NaNo sidelines and cheer on Barry and Tommy.

Lost in Translation
muso (muze-oh)
n. musician
"Allison, Brandy and I are married to musos."

Bad Sleep
At some point in the middle of the night, one of the smoke detectors let us know that its battery was low... and continued to tell us about every half an hour with a loud BEEP! I need a ladder to reach it, so I didn't bother trying to get up to take the battery out, but I think I woke up every single time it went off. And then when I was sleeping, I had a dream about my brother's accident. Gosh if that wasn't one of the suckiest nights ever!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment