Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Going to be Amazing
I first read about UrbanMAX over at Kris's site. Being an Amazing Race fan myself, I was immediately obsessed with the event coming to Brisbane in October.
The Urban Max is part adventure race, part scavenger hunt with a mix of the amazing race. It is a completely new format of racing that will take teams of two through the heart of the host city. Competitors will get to visit some of the cities [sic] most famous landmarks, as well as suburban areas, while completing a variety of activities along the way.

This event is for all skill and fitness levels, with a number of the activities needing more brainpower than muscle. Speed alone will not get you over the line first!
Hello! Awesome! Registration is open, and we are officially entered. It's a bit pricey at $90/person, but I figure it's a great way to see the city in a way I probably otherwise never would. We're in the Mixed Couple / Social category. Not being in the competitive category will probably prevent our marriage from suffering. (See my previous declaration.)

You Don't Know What You Got 'Til It's Gone
I was given a box of Junior Mints this morning. Junior Mints are not a native candy species. I have been told by people here that they watched Seinfeld and wondered what they were like.

Tweet-a-l33t
Twistori updates with any tweets from Twitter that include the words "I wish", "I love", "I hate", "I believe", "I feel", or "I think". It's nice and pretty. Plus I just saw the funniest one ever. Someone said "I wish my lawn was emo... so it would cut itself." Terrible, but hilarious.

I'm also contemplating the purchase of these Twitter-inspired t-shirts. "That's what she twittered." Ha!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

May 16 2008, 03:52 am
Junior Mints!!! mmmmmm. Although I did just have a Hershey's candy bar the other day. Picked it up at a store right around the corner from our place. Kind of takes the excitement out of it knowing I can have one when I went. Kind of. Not really.

9:54 PM  

May 20 2008, 09:10 pm
mmmm... junior mints

9:55 PM  

Post a comment