Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Updates: In List Form
  • We had a lovely time in Sydney... for the most part. The hotel and service (or lack thereof rather) were pretty sucky and will be the subject of a strongly worded letter to the Powers That Be. But beyond that, it was a great time. I'm in love with a little French patisserie and would go back just for it.

  • I didn't know that Bono knows Tash, but it has to be true. At least I'm pretty sure that "Sweetest Thing" song refers to her and her abundance of sweetness.

  • I now have Red Hots and Excedrin and a whole bag of other treatsies. (see above)

  • We were on a plane with some of the crew and potentially some band members on The Killers tour. I would have no idea what the band members look like though.

  • And speaking of killers, as of Monday, I no longer believe that we could survive The Amazing Race without killing each other. (OMG, how awesome are Kynt & Vyxsin??)

  • Tommy hasn't posted a word count in a while. GO TOMMY, GO!

  • I have a Neutral American Accent. "You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up." I find that my Southern accent comes out more now than when I lived there though.

  • More when I've had additional coffee.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Nov 14 2007, 06:52 am

I remember walking by La Renaissance when we were in Sydney a few months ago. We discussed going in for some treats, but decided against it. Don't know why. Now I regret it.

1:41 PM  

Nov 16 2007, 06:57 pm

Mmm... yeah, on the to-do list for next time. I think what was even better were that the ladies were French and nice. Imagine that! ;) But it just felt so European. I can vouch for the quiches and the strawberry tarts. Mmmmm... tarts.

1:41 PM  

Post a comment