Monday, July 16, 2007

Mello Kitty
Chucky is sick. :( :( :(

Sick to the point where we took him to the vet this morning. I had a rough time... though I hate to admit it. This was my first "taking my child to the doctor" moment, and I was so worried. There may have been a tear or two.

It all started Saturday when Hans said he thought that Chucky was weeing in the bathtub. The germophobe in me was all ready to do some serious bleaching, and we couldn't decide whether we should encourage that behaviour or not. On one hand, at least we don't have to worry when he outsmarts us and stays inside all day. On the other hand, eww!

But on Sunday, he went in the tub again... and then again not a half an hour later. Only there appeared to be just drips, nothing significant. (I can't believe I'm talking about cat pee.)

Being the googlemeister that I am, I did some searching and found that cats can get urinary tract infections... and even worse, some people were talking about the urgency of veterinary care to avoid DEATH. Now I know with my single, solitary UTI experience, I thought I was going to die... but if this can kill my kitty, then we need to be doing something.

By this morning, he would come inside the house for five minutes and then go back out to go to the bathroom, so I insisted that we make work of this vet visit as soon as possible.

Of course, that meant getting him TO the vet. A whole other story in itself. (No blood from any party though, so we felt pretty proud of ourselves.) The doc had a quick look and said it looked like the early stages and to keep an eye on him to make sure something actually was coming out, otherwise it means his little tubes are blocked with crystals of some sort. Whatever.

So we have to give him tablets twice a day... Hans's job. I'm not sure if he'll ever forgive me for tricking him into the box with my sheep liver kitty treats, but I'm glad he's on the mend.

[click for larger]

Since I'm now the Weird Cat Lady, I can just as well post this picture. We spent another $7 a week or so ago just to further prove that Chucky doesn't play with toys... be it a cute little grub stuffed with catnip or an awesome octopus-like ball of fur.

Its name was originally going to be called Doc Oc, until the he's-not-going-to-play-with-it realization. That's when I decided that I was going to get my money's worth out of it by making Chucky wear it from now on. The toy is now referred to as Perry... that's short for Perry the Parasite with the Carrier Named Chucky. I think he likes it.

(I can't remember what else I was going to say, so this is an all-cat post.)

P.S. If I have my way those nasty burgundy walls will be a thing of the past SOON!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Jul 16 2007, 09:12 am

Welcome to the world of being a crazy cat person. I resisted it for years, living in denail, until I got a camera and realized the only thing I photographed were my cats...then I just accepted who I am.

As a newly minted member you should be receiving your puffy paint "I love my Cat" sweatshirt in the mail very soon. :o)

6:58 PM  

Jul 16 2007, 09:13 am

Oh dear, my spelling is not so good this morning.

6:58 PM  

Jul 19 2007, 12:21 pm

"Perry the Parasite with the Carrier Named Chucky. I think he likes it." Ahah! That is way too funny! I hope kitty gets well soon :)

6:59 PM  

Post a comment