Sunday, October 03, 2010

Kitchy
Ahh, remember when I thought I was recommitting to blogging more regularly? Well, my life has changed dramatically since then, and I can no longer commit to that:

Kitch

5-Year Ausiversary
As of last week, I have been in Brisbane for five years. FIVE. YEARS. I believe that this takes the record as the longest I've been in any one spot since high school.

I've found it a bit funny as I've tried to reflect back to my feelings at the time. I was in love and excited about the adventurous possibilities. I couldn't wait to explore and settle in and pick up the accent. I looked forward to warmth and tropical weather and ocean and kangaroos. I couldn't wait to be with my future husband and his family and make friends who might find me to be as exotic as I found him in America.

Wow, I could hardly have been more disillusioned, and culture shock is a real b*tch.

[NOTE: That's the extent of what I've had saved in draft for over a week now. I was going to try and elaborate a little more on how things have changed, but I don't really know what to say. Things here are good. I am pretty much enjoying myself daily.]

Me & Him
(Us at the beach on the Sunshine Coast. There's also a cute photo of me & Tash from the same day here.) :)

2 Comments:

I love this picture of the two of you.

11:42 PM  

I was on my blogging hiatus when you posted this. So my apologies for the delay in this comment. But... I agree, lovely photo! More importantly, I relate... oh boy do I relate. I came here under such dreamy circumstances. Reality is far more harsh. I still have an amazing man in my life, like it appears you do, but everything else is often a struggle. Sigh. I am glad that you are enjoying each day though. :-)

8:46 PM  

Post a comment