Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me?
Last night I was finally changing my wall calendar over to September. (Hey, that's my life lately.) And I realized that I missed my blogiversary. I don't know if this past year should really count, and I haven't been very committed to it... but here's to 9 years.

That's sort of part of my secret from the last post. I have a domain that I'm not using. I'm planning on packing up shop here at some point and starting up over there. But life is happening, and I'm obviously in no rush.

Back to Life, Back to Reality
Some fun things I've been experiencing lately in no particular order:

* Pyrophone Juggernaut @ the Valley Fiesta - We were just walking through Chinatown when this giant metal ship came to life with music. It was mesmerizing.



* PocketlMusiclatlthelManalBar - Saturday was a whole day of 8-bit computer game music. (Video montage here. That's me in the white tights against the left wall at about :26.)

* Tomorrow When the War Began: The Movie - My North American people probably won't know about this one, but hopefully it will be released there sometime. This movie was based on a book that is apparently part of the curriculum at many schools here in Australia. I knew nothing about it, but I have a total soft spot for stories where teens band together to kick some butt. (Band of the Hand, anyone?)

I haven't enjoyed a movie so much in a long time. We've seen a lot of good films lately, but in terms of mindless enjoyment, this one takes the cake. I hate spoilers and don't want to give much away, but this teaser trailer below does a good job of setting the mood without giving away all the major plot points like the official trailer does.

0 Comments:

Post a comment