Monday, December 21, 2009

What's Cooking?
Seeing as I'm not exactly a cake fan, I didn't really think about making a cake forlHans's birthday last week until I came across this recipe for Gary Rhodes's Guinness chocolate cake. A cake with beer in it? Sounds manly, right? I had a piece and didn't actually mind it. It's really rich. (I chopped up a 100g bar of 70% dark chocolate and stirred it in just before pouring into the pan.)

I topped it with a yummy Irish Cream Cheese frosting:
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 Tbsp Irish cream
Blend cream cheese & butter together with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and finally Irish cream. Lick beaters.

More Recipe Goodness
Gourmet's Favorite Cookies: 1948-2008: via Kris. I don't love making cookies given that I only have one cookiesheet that fits in my abnormally narrow oven, but a few of these have almost tempted me. Speculaas, Dutch Caramel Cashews, and Lemon Thins remind me of Grandma.

Greek Almond Tea Cakes I think we're going to make these for my birthday treat this week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment