Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tales of Christmas
It was hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit again this year. It's just too hot to feel like going through all the trappings of the season.

Instead of hauling out the tree, I ended up buying a couple bunches of arborvitae branches, and put them in a vase with some red pom-pon looking dries flowers. Decorations = complete! All the gift bags from America fit underneath.

Christmas Loot Christmas Table

A couple days before Christmas I raided the 50%-off holiday bins at Spotlight, Australia's equivalent for Michael's. I came home with some placemats and "peace" candles.

Table Candles

I didn't feel like doing our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, because it was too hot to have the oven on all day. So we opted for a fresh broccoli salad and risotto with mushrooms and peas.

Christmas Dinner

It was lovely. Gift highlights include a sparkley ring and earrings, lots of goodies from Anthropologie from the US givers, and the parasol of my dreams. ♥

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment