Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Travel Journal Reflection
The other day when I wrote about hanging my bulletin boards, I mentioned a "couple" crafty projects but then only talked about the one.

The other crafty project I'm working on is a travel journal for our upcoming trip to the States. I made one for our last trip back home in 2006 after seeing a lot of examples on websites that brilliant craftspeople had created. I especially liked the idea of taking an old book and refunctioning it for use as a journal.

In particular, I was completely inspired by these three journal/sketchbooks (Paris, Italy, Provence) by a lovely lady named Jan. She even replied to my inquisitive email and gave me some tips on how to rebind my own.

I picked up a book at the Lifeline Bookfest called This is Your America. It's navy blue and has the capital building embossed on the front cover. I thought it would be perfect to pull apart for this project.

I pulled out the book I did the last time to recall what papers I used and how I put it all together. And while I had it off the shelf, I took photos of the pages. There were quite a few blanks that I thought I would go back and fill when I got back. I added a few, but I'm definitely going to be more proactive in using it along the way this time!

See the full set here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment