Saturday, March 07, 2009

Try This Recipe!
A while back Kris in Sydney posted a recipe for Spicy Shredded Pork. I was quite interested, because pork has become like a new friend to me ever since we started going to our little butcher. (Seriously, I love the women there as much as the meat. They're all of Eastern European descent and are boisterous and such a hoot!)

So yesterday we planned to have dinner with the brother- & sister-in-law (who just broke her foot), and I said I would go to their place to cook and keep her company. That was just my sneaky way to try this recipe in a fully air-conditioned home, instead of baking myself out of our house. Teehee.

I must say, that I am now in love with Spicy Shredded Pork. It's dreamy. It's so delish. We had it on tortillas with homemade pico de gallo and guacamole. I also had lettuce, tons of cilantro/coriander, lime wedges and sour cream on hand. A-MAY-ZING!

Also, for those who cower at the word "spicy", I'll just add that it is spicy in that it has spices in it, but those couple dashes of chili powder won't give it much more than a completely mild rating. I'd serve it to children, no problem. I'd also look into adding some chili peppers if you want any sort of heat.

Inspirational Thoughts
I came across this site with all sorts of ideas to motivate people to go out and do something beautiful.

For example: "Start a worm compost. Use it for your paper junk mail. Use the soil regenerated from the decomposition of your junk mail to grow flowers. Pick the flowers and give them away to people. If anyone asks you why you are giving them flowers, tell them that it's junk mail."

Computer Woes All Over Again
Remember a couple of days when I broke my computer? Well, I thought I had tricked it into working by creating a new user profile. And for a few days, it magically worked with no issues. Until it realized it was being fooled, and now it doesn't work again much at all. iTunes and LOTRO are the only programs that don't seem to crash it... which is great if I was after a gaming/music-listening machine, but I have needs, people. Internet needs.

Hanslis gung-ho about getting me a new laptop, but the one he's looking at for me seems to have some heat issues. (As though my other one didn't already have heat issues, this one gets up to 10 degrees hotter in some places.)

While I ultimately just want a computer that works, I'm finding all kinds of joy in finding the hilarity in the situation.

Me: Hey, can you preheat the oven to Dell Laptop for me?

Him: Do you know if it's supposed to be cooler today?
Me: It's going to be Dell Laptop until this afternoon, unless it rains.

Him: But it's so much cheaper than the other ones with the same specs.
Me: Yes, but have you considered how much the skin grafts for my legs are going to be?

*sigh* I laugh, because otherwise I'd cry. My poor baby is dead.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment