Sunday, February 15, 2009

Next to the Noise
We're officially halfway through the album-writing challenge. I say "we", because it's a challenge for me too. A challenge not to go completely crazy.

That's not true. There is some stuff I really love coming through the wall, and I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing them work it out live.

If you're of the curious sort, you can hear some snippets here. My favourite at the moment is Day 12 Song 8 Version 4 because of its 80s-licious synth line.

If you really want to experience what I am, you can try cranking that up as loud as you can in one room, and then go into the next room and try do anything that requires any sort of concentration. Fun times.

Let's Hear it for the Boys
Due to that aforementioned lack of concentration, I have been watching a bit more television... at volume levels so low, I am becoming an expert in lip-reading... but more television than I might otherwise, nonetheless.

This is the reason I watched the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal from beginning to end the other night. I've mentioned before that my grandpa was and my dad is on the volunteer fire department. My brother was going to go for it as well before he lost half his hearing in the accident.

That said, I have such a heart for those out there putting their lives at risk to help try and save others. Not just them, but their families too. The people who give them a kiss as they leave the house, knowing the danger their loved one faces head on.

When we heard that Coles was donating their profits last Friday, we rearranged our grocery shopping day. We don't even usually go there, but it was great to stock up on pretty much everything we normally use knowing that the profit was going to the Red Cross. (Granted, my pantry overfloweth now, but we'll deal.) So anyway, I just read that they made $4,870,889. So great. Press release PDF.

Linky Links
Spoon Sisters: I <3 that "Home is Where Your Mom Is" tea towel. (I think we're buying plane tickets to go "home" then this week. Yay!)

A Conversation
Him: Oh look, Flying High is on.
Me: Uh, no. It's Airplane!
Him: What was your sequel called?
Me: Airplane 2?
Him: Yeah, ours is called Flying High 2.

So I look it up. Sure enough, it has two names. Then I proceeding to rock myself and think of my happy place. It's times like this when the subtle differences between our countries make me think I'm losing my mind.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment