Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why Someday I Will End Up with Claw Marks Across My Face
Last nightlHans was doing some recording. At one point I went in to talk to him, and Chucky followed me in. I had this moment of genius and asked if he wanted to sample the cat. Brilliant, right?

Yeah, Chucky doesn't like to be held except on his own terms. So dangling him in front of the microphone wasn't really the brightest of ideas. I would, however, like to point out that the rumbling you hear is purring, so he still loves me. I think the reverb adds a particularly nice touch.



(Yes, when we address the cat, we use this high, squeaky voice that comes from an old ventriloquist show by Ronn Lucas called "Who's in Charge Here". If you know it, you are awesome and probably had The Disney Channel in 1983.)

Breadbaking Addendum
If you all are like Aimee and are raring to go at the whole bread recipe I posted the other day, definitely have a look at this 9-page article. It includes more tips and more recipes to make with the basic mix. I made naan yesterday to go with our Indian leftovers. While it wasn't exactly the way I wanted, it was super easy and should be great once I work out how to make it thinner.

I took the last of my first batch out this morning for some bread to go with our breakfast. So I've got my second batch of dough rising on the counter. Yay! I feel so accomplished!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

hahaha thats awesome.......and kind of spooky.

6:33 PM  

Yay! More bread stuff. I'm hoping to use the recipes to make pita bread soon.

-Aimee

10:59 AM  

@alyda -- I keep not responding to you, because I was going to send you a postcard of "Bride Wars" and just write "For a good time call [our phone number]" on it. But I can't find the postcards anywhere anymore. :( So anwyay, the point is, yes, we should definitely get together sooN!

@Aimee -- Pitas! I didn't even think of pitas. And I found some instructions that seem like they would work with the dough. I'm totally trying that this week!

5:19 PM  

i love bread.. so cool! honestly.. legendary.. and I can picture you in your kitchen and everything.

2:31 PM  

I wish I was a breadmaking machine. I have one, and I am the worst bread maker ever. Any tips??? Why is my bread not rising??

3:55 PM  

Post a comment