Saturday, August 30, 2008

Working Best Under Pressure
I am finding myself wishing that my parents would stop by a little more often, because dang, it's motivational. We're achieving things these days that I haven't managed to do in the last two and a bit years that we've lived in this house... specifically unpacking a box of my stuff that I haven't opened since we moved. Found $400 in travellers' cheques, too. I mean, awesome, right?

So as a bit of a pat on my own little back (and that of my dear husband), here's a bit that we accomplished today:
  • Wiped down the adirondack chairs on the veranda so we could eat breakfast outside.
  • Dusted the ceiling fan blades in the bedroom.
  • Changed lightbulbs in places we've been stumbling blindly through for quite some time.
  • Massive dust and purge in the bathroom. (Thanks, sweetie!)
  • Bought a new washing machine, since our other one completely died after the Great Power Outage of 2008.
  • Bought and changed fuse on our stereo, which also was a result of the aforementioned power issues.
  • Had lunch at a cute little place called Fig Jam. It was an Entertainment Book find, and it was quite lovely. The chips are scrumptious.
  • Went to Bunnings. It's like the Home Depot of the southern hemisphere. It was familiar and great. Bought pavers, because we're crafty like that.
  • Purchase and built a shelf unit thingie for the corner where the unpacked box used to be.
Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Just 12 days to make the rest of the house immaculate.

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
I decided that I needed a freshen-up before our holidays. I finally found a Redken salon, and it was close to work. So I went in yesterday armed with a photo of Heidi on last week's Project Runway. Finally got my old Shades EQ color done and chopped a lot off. Can't say I look like Heidi Klum, but I've got bangs again for the first time in over a decade.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Aug 30 2008, 06:51 am
photo!!!????

8:02 PM  

Aug 30 2008, 08:33 am
wait! How come you can have bangs but I can't???
Post pictures!

8:03 PM  

Aug 30 2008, 11:36 pm
Yeah, no photos yet. It's a bit dark at the moment. Eep.

Manda, I only had bangs for 14 years of my life, compared to your 27.5. I've got a little time before you have the right to complain. :P

8:03 PM  

Sep 05 2008, 06:06 am
I've been here 15 months-- and can you believe, have still never been to Bunnings! And I was a real Home Depot lover-- boy, I need to get out more.

8:03 PM  

Post a comment