Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gamers and Those Who Love Them
The other day I came across the webcomic The DM of the Rings. It's about a bunch of gamers playing a D&D-style game to the story of Lord of the Rings. After a quick debate about whether to admit how much the geek in me loved this, I feel compelled to say that there are points where I nearly died from laughter. If you or someone you know is into gaming and LOTR, you simply must read this one.

Flower Photos
A couple of weeks ago, we had a picnic at the Botanic Gardens at Mount Coot-tha. It was such a lovely day. (And then we came home to find out about Dixie, so I wasn't really excited about posting the photos.) A sampling of the photos are below. You may click for more.

www.flickr.com
Hmm...
Until this week, I was unaware that "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" was to the tune of "God Save the Queen". Is it wrong to suggest there was some sloppy lyric-writing when it results in "Queen" rhyming with itself FOUR times?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment