Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Askinosie Chocolate

Askinosie Chocolate

On Friday we came across a new indulgence, Askinosie Chocolate. The beautiful organic packaging is what drew us in, and we couldn't resist purchasing one of the 70% dark and one 75% dark chocolate nibble bars with actual roasted cocoa nibs. Their beans are single-source, and the package even has a photo of the farmer on it.

The packaging led me to their website, where I could enter a number on the package and see the history from beans to bar. I also had a look at their FAQ, and the ethics behind this company make me a real cheerleader. I want them to do well, and I want everyone to support them. They go beyond "fair trade". They do right by the farmers and share any extra profits. It's so beautiful. Be sure to go read their story.

On top of all that, it is REALLY good. Almost bad good. I predict a serious breakout in my future. We stopped eating the one bar long enough for me to take that photo, but I'm sure the other bar won't last long either.

Brisbanites can get it at Biome in Paddington for sure, though I haven't been to the city location and don't see in on their website.

Linky Links
The Askinosie packaging was featured on TheDieline.com, which collects all the best in pretty packaging. I'm such a sucker for lovely design, so I plan on visiting this site more often!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Jul 13 2008, 01:39 pm
Yumm... that chocolate looks good. I've had a craving for some all day long!

8:26 PM  

Jul 13 2008, 07:04 pm
ok so now i need shoes and chocolate...can't wait to see you tomorrow :D

8:26 PM  

Jul 17 2008, 06:05 pm
i'll have you know that my husband has created a new blog tab on our computer for thedieline.com...is he cute or what? :)
LOVE!!!!

8:26 PM  

Post a comment