Sunday, June 22, 2008

And We're Done
I have to say that the launch was so much fun and so unbelievable. People came! You know how you plan something big, and then you start to wonder if anybody will even show up? Well, over 250 people did. It was so wonderful.

I didn't even take my camera along. Knowing I would be running around the whole day, I didn't want to have to worry about lugging it with me. (That, and it's not on our insurance yet... oops.) Plus I knew there would be way-more-competent photographers there. *ahem*McGaws*ahem* So I haven't seen any shots yet, but he looked pretty hot if I do say so myself. (Although, I think the girl who was bummed to find out that he was married would agree.)

And then it worked out that a friend was able to come and shoot the set on a Red, which should make for some really great footage. I can't wait to see that either.

So we're just floating in a haze of post-show afterglow. It's nice.

The Tax Man Cometh
Probably the worst part about being in Australia, besides the obvious lack of Dr. Pepper, is their financial year ending June 30. And because I'm never good about doing these things in a timely manner, it seems like I am under the constant weight of having to hurry and get my taxes done for one country or the other.

So this year, I'm making a vow that I am going to stay on top of this so that when it comes time for somebody to know what I've earned, I can just fill out the form and be done with it instead of having to dig through files and folders and making phonecalls. It will all be right there.

I spent the afternoon modifying the PearBudget Spreadsheet to suit my needs of tracking deductibles and things like that. While I would really love for us to be a by-the-letter budget-keeping family, we're not quite to THAT point. But baby steps, right?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Jun 22 2008, 08:07 am
eeeeeeeeeeee!!! 250 people is a pretty big deal!! that's awesome! i can't wait to see pictures. :) congratulations!!!! :) :) :)

9:46 PM  

Post a comment