Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My New Greenery


My new plant from my thoughtful husband.

Last Tuesday I had a really bad day. It was my day off. I had a phone-date with my parents planned. It was going to be lovely.

Instead, I woke up to find fleas. ON MY BED. Fleas. I love my cat, but I wanted to kill him. Perhaps there was a lack of prevention on my part, but I know he's been cavorting around with the neighborhood cat-hos lately too.

So I was going to wash all the bedding, including the gigantic king-sized bedspread that barely fits in our washer. I went downstairs thinking it was about time to move the bedspread to the dryer only to find it soaking in a washer filled with water. Hmm, washer is broken. Won't even spin my blanket dry.

Call the repair place who fixed our gas tanks. Lady treats me like a stupid person just because none of the words I can find on the entire machine match any of the apparently well-known brands of washing machines in this country. Sometimes I just hate people here.

It all ends well. I was able to drag my water-logged bedding over to the in-laws and used their machine to finish the cleansing. Repair people, from a different company out of pure principle, are coming on Monday.

And then I called my folks. Dad said that he just fixed my mom's washer -- he bought her a new one. I told him he needed to teach my husband how to fix washing machines!

It's My Turn
Since I lived the greater portion of my life without a valentine, dang-it, I am milking it for all it's worth now! I am so excited about the little gift I ordered for Hans today. I know the 14th is tomorrow, but we're celebrating in March. He got tickets for Phantom the last week of March, so hopefully his gift will be here by then.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Mar 05 2008, 11:57 pm
"cavorting around with the neighborhood cat-hos lately"

Too funny. The quote that is.

10:24 PM  

Post a comment