Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Update
Miss Saigon was spectacular. I've had a bit of a theatre void in my life in recent years, so it more than made up for the gap. I think my only disappointment was the helicopter (which was the only scene I remember anyone telling me about) ended up being digital instead of being a massive set piece. So yeah, I knew it wasn't a happy tale, but dang... wasn't quite expecting the end.

The rest of the weekend has gone by in a bit of a blur. A bit of cleaning. A bit of grocery shopping. A bit of laundry. New neighbours have moved in across the street today; I'm anxious about whether to introduce us or just cohabitate on the street until they make a move.

Last night we had the first thunderstorm to speak of for the season. I love thunderstorms... and even more so because here you don't have to worry about an accompanying tornado.

* We are going to a preview of Stardust tomorrow night which opens on Thursday here.

Linky Links
Pixel remix: the Ann-alog: I don't know where I came across this, but I need to put it here to check more later.
Practical Polly: love this girl's creativity. (found via Web-goddess when she linked to the amazingly awesome Wonder Woman Sweater)

Gamer Widow
My husband has downloaded a one-week trial of the Lord of the Rings Online game. Yeah, I don't expect to see him much until next Sunday. (Though we have made a female elf profile for "Kathedral" should I feel compelled to give it a whirl.) :)

Inexplicable
I don't know. Kiwi rappers. Who knew? Saw this video this morning and can't get it out of my head.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Sep 17 2007, 11:27 am

Stardust was my favorite movie of the summer. Hope you guys like it...

3:09 PM  

Sep 27 2007, 01:17 am

I've been wanting to see Stardust for awhile now. It's one of the more original movies (not a sequel or a badly-disguised remake) on the market right now...

3:09 PM  

Post a comment