Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cheap Things I Miss Most
I've had a couple dear hearts ask me lately if I need/want/miss anything in particular from America. So in no specific order, here are a few things off the top of my head that I can't seem to get here.

Conair Curved Bobby Pins: Brown - I picked up a container of these once upon a time. I usually keep a couple in my pocket or purse in case of hair emergencies. However, my stock has been depleted due as bobby pin collections do. Have they been vacuumed? Bent? Lost? Destroyed by the bobby pin monster? I don't know. But I miss them.

Covergirl Wetslicks in Sugar Maple - They may have this here, but I have never seen it. And I can't imagine the price I'd have to pay if they do have it. I'm rationing the two tubes I bought earlier this year. How did I ever think that was going to be enough?

Neosporin + Pain Relief - I know they have antibiotic gel things here, but none quite make owwies feel better like a squirt of Neosporin before the band-aid.

Red Hots - Cinnamon flavoured candies are starting to make their way into stores here, but not these little guys. I really just need a handful to make homemade apple grandes... since you can't get Taco Johns here, obviously.

Hmm... that's all I can think of at this moment... but perhaps more will come to me later.

Updates
We're still playing our little game and that's quite addictive. I did stop briefly to talk to my Tash and to go to Hans's show the other night. (We are way too old for these headlining gigs and have been suffering from the sleep deprivation ever since.)

This weekend? Sleep. And LOTRO. And maybe laundry. Also planning our upcoming daytrip to Boonah.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Sep 28 2007, 08:11 am

Danielle- I have disturbing news. For the past two years I have been unable to find the curved bobby pins in any store. If I even find them again I'll pick up an extra box for you.

3:04 PM  

Sep 28 2007, 09:08 pm

Oh no! That's tragic! Nobody's head is flat; why aren't ALL bobby pins curved?

3:04 PM  

Oct 04 2007, 01:31 am

Your bobby pins are probably in the same dimension as all my lost scrunchies and socks.

Mmmm...Red Hots....

3:05 PM  

Post a comment