Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events
1. Due to circumstances somewhat beyond my control, I have deleted all but a very few MSN contacts. Oops. Come back!

2. I bent my fingernail almost completely backwards yesterday resulting in much ouchiness. I used duct tape to try get it to reattach. No word yet on whether it is working, because I'm afraid the peeling of the tape will also cause another repeeling of the skin.

3. You grow up in a small town, and suddenly after you've left they make the USA Today. I could have written about this yesterday, because my sister was giving me up-to-the-minute reports on the latest happenings. My brother was evacuated. My dad was at the scene. So much excitement.

Today I've been going to all the news outlets I can find. It's weird to see my old neighbor (now fire chief) on television. One of my favourite teachers was on there too.

I particularly liked this article, and more specifically, this quote:
Four and a half hours after the blast, the firefighters put the flames down. Another two hours, and they stopped the rail tanker's leak. The firefighters - SiouxlCenter residents with regular jobs who volunteer to protect their community.

"It's very courageous when you have volunteer firefighters willing to go down and do these sort of of things," Schipper said.
Yeah.

Geekery at its Finest
I got a mobile yesterday. I am finding it hard to believe, but at the same time, I think it will give me a little more peace of mind when out and about on my own.

The one I got, after tons of review reading, is the HTC Touch. So far it is great. Yes, I know it's like the iPhone. But as I'm telling the Mac snobs at work, I'm just going to go ahead and enjoy this phone until your little iPhone gets released here in 2009.

I haven't really had a chance to mess with it much. And I certainly don't have many people to call. And I have no idea what my number is.

But I can say that all the reviews that complain about needing to use the stylus for typing and stuff must come from idiots who have never used a pda phone before. If you wanted a dang number pad, go back to your stupid teenie-bopper Razr and leave the pda's for the adults.

It runs Windows Mobile 6.0... and my, it's PRETTY.

More Geekiness
It's my brother-in-law's birthday, and tonight we're going to High Octane. I'm really nervous in case we're racing against some really hard-core people. But I figure someone has to lose, may as well be me. (I just don't want to crash into people and have them get all mad.) Eeep. But I'm totally excited.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a comment