Thursday, August 23, 2007

Redhead Demise
Redheads set for extinction. Makes me feel just a little bad about being so grateful for my black-haired husband. Gotta love those dominant genes.

Docos
The other night I was home alone and happened to switch to a channel halfway into the documentary called Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple. I really had no idea. Being only one and a half when it happened, I probably heard references to the Jonestown Massacre when the Hale-Bopp thing happened. But I truly had no idea. If you have any way of seeing the doco, I'd highly recommend it. I watched horrified and even cried at the end when they showed actual photographs of bodies... hundreds of bodies lying face-down on the ground after having consumed the cyanide.

But in much brighter documentary news, be sure to see the trailer for the Sigur Rós doco titled "Heima".

Labels:

1 Comments:

Aug 27 2007, 11:24 am

That article on redhead extinction is an urban legend if I ever saw one... I believe Snopes has a page on it somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time coming from the Courier-Mail.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=296384

I saw the Jonestown doco too! Very very sad.

3:19 PM  

Post a comment