Friday, July 06, 2007

To Pass the Time
I'm feeling a bit better, thanks. Hans isn't.

Someone asked how I know the difference between a headache and a migraine. For me, I can have a headache, take some Advil and still function. If it's a migraine, you'll find me on the floor by the toilet or with my head under a pillow in the darkest room in the house. It's like my senses are at war with each other. Yesterday, I couldn't be in the living room because it was too bright and the smell from the roast in the crockpot (normally a smell I loooove) was making me nauseous. However, in the bedroom, the sounds from the road were like jackhammers. Thankfully, a couple of pandadol with codeine knocked me out, and I slept for a couple hours.

The Fountain
We had some movies due today, so we walked to the video store up the street. We got out The Fountain and just finished watching it. I'm not sure how I feel about the film as a whole, but that bathroom scene? HOT.


The score is great as well. (Listen here.)

In other movie news, my very own copy of The Music Man is on our coffee table. (No thanks to EZYdvd.) We ended up ordering it from the local video store, and it came in less than a week. It seemed easier than trying to explain to my mother where my old copy might be in the mountain of boxes living in my old bedroom.

Belated Fourth
Happy fourth of July! We had a picnic. Tons of sparklers. Plenty of food. Some pretty clever decorations, thank you very much! And we didn't even blow ourselves up, no thanks to Hans's father who attempted to spray silly string directly into the fire. Ugh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Jul 07 2007, 01:05 am

Migraines are no fun - Feel better soon!

7:03 PM  

Jul 07 2007, 02:09 pm

I hope Hans feels better soon!

I love the music from the Fountain! :D

7:03 PM  

Post a comment