Thursday, May 03, 2007

Potential Weirdness, But Not
This morning we were getting off the train, and a guy comes up to me.

"Excuse me, are you Danielle?"
"Yes?"
"From Tennessee?"
"Yes?"
"I'm [insert name]. I sent you a message on myspace a while back."

My instant reaction was panic, as I've had a barrage of wackos sending me lunch invitations on myspace lately. Turns out that he was not one of them, and in fact we had corresponded briefly as he is from Texas and is also on the quest for "real" Mexican food in this town. And, in fact, we may meet up with him and his wife in the future.

But still... it was a bit weird at the time.

Australian Arbonne!
I no longer have to be completely stingy with my soap and lotion and shampoo and cosmetics -- ARBONNE is coming to AUSTRALIA! I'm signing back up the second I can, and maybe I'll try to build a little business out of it. Such an untapped market; maybe it would be easy?

Lost in Translation
hotel
n. a dining establishment which also likely features a section with poker machines but does not have rooms in which to spend the night... unless it is more than two stories, in which case, it is then called a "hotel" but may or may not have the restaurant and/or the pokies.
"It's a proper hotel with food and pokies."

Admission
I'm seriously trying not to get involved with Big Brother, but it's hard, people. It's really hard. It doesn't help that I always seem to be coming home and turning on the television just as it starts.

And Finally...
New expat blog coming soon to a sidebar near you: Outback Dobbs

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

May 05 2007, 07:49 am

yay for arbonne coming to australia!! i was just going to get in touch with you and ask if you were still doing it, because i want to too! and if you were, then i must absolutely sign up under you. but now i don't know if i can...hmm. i'm really excited that you get to do it, though!!! what an amazing company. :)
and the thing about hotels made me laugh so much...hehe...OH, and i had a dream that i got to see you! last night! it was erin's wedding, and you got to be in it! oh no! i don't want to make you sad! but be happy because i dreamt about you!!! :)

9:18 PM  

May 10 2007, 03:32 am

You have a lovely blog! I came here during a search for blogs about living in austr.as an expat, but i have been smitten with your layout. it's beautiful.
now i'll go browse. you seem witty and i'm looking forward to reading!

9:19 PM  

Post a comment