Friday, May 18, 2007

A Food Meme

The rules:

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Joe (NE Tennessee, USA)
10K Monkeys (Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA)
Big Stupid Tommy (Athens, Tennessee, USA)
Danielle (Brisbane, Queensland, AU)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

1. Ginga, South Bank... I admit I had limited exposure to sushi and japanese food in general before coming to Australia, but this place has won my heart. Lots of options that don't involve seafood. We always get a spread to share, which often includes california roll, vegetable tempura, gyoza, and edamame.

2. A Taste of Texas, Cleveland... I just raved about this place a couple posts ago, but honestly, it's worth mentioning again. Best Mexican food this town has to offer unless you're coming to my house!

3. Original Thai, Paddington... And again, Thai food? Where does one get Thai food when one grows up in Iowa? No where, that's where. But I am a full-on curry addict now. We love the people who run this place and get lunch there several times a week. I recommend the yellow, red & green currys. Mmmm...

4. Hog's Breath Cafe... This is the place to go when we're craving a good, reasonably-priced steak. They slow-cook their meat for something like 18 hours, so it's absolutely tender. I'm a fan of their hickory barbecue steak.

5. I'm having a hard time thinking of a fifth, but I'll go with Fat Boys, Fortitude Valley... the only thing I've ever had there was the pumpkin pizza with pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, feta & rocket -- but it's super yummy, and now I'm craving it.

6. Onyx, Milton... okay, well the feta reminded me of this place. They serve up some great tapas, and we stop there on nights we're too hungry to wait for the train.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

This is the hard part... Tash? You want in? Pretty much if anyone wants to do it, feel free and leave a comment.

2 Comments:

May 17 2007, 09:12 pm

We have Hog's Breath Cafe here in Sydney too and I got to admit is pretty good....Onyx sounds yummy..I love tapas!! must try Ginga though if I come to Brisbane..japanese food are yummm

Ps thanks for doing the tag. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

9:04 PM  

May 18 2007, 03:34 am

Wooo Fat Boys sounds like they serve pizza I have never even heard of. Sounds like fun. pizza here are pretty much standard.

No hard stopping by Onyx I guess... since I love tapas. But it's rather pricey over here :(

Thanks for sharing and doing the tag.

9:05 PM  

Post a comment