Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Little Joys to Beat the Blues
Somewhere in this town there is a FedEx truck. And in this truck is a box with my name on it. And that box is one of the few things that is making life worth living right now. And it's a gross understatement to say that it has been a "bad week" in terms of homesickness and culture shock and hating everything about this little hellhole I call home.

(And let me tell you, the xenophobia around this place the last couple days is making me want to lock myself in my house for a while. D@mn you, Michael Moore and your little movie that makes the rest of the world think they are experts on anything relating to guns and America.)

Another bright side? We may be having real Mexican food this weekend.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Apr 18 2007, 05:15 pm

I hear you on the xenophobia. It makes me sad and I don't hear this sort of vitriol coming from Americans when another country has a tragedy like this. Breaks my heart a little more each day.

10:53 AM  

Apr 18 2007, 07:25 pm

oh this sucks.
i want to comfort you and share changs and starbucks and all that good ol' nashville stuff .. xx

10:53 AM  

Apr 18 2007, 11:08 pm

hugs xxoo

10:53 AM  

May 10 2007, 03:34 am

me again. this very next post hit home. I have been struggling too. I've been here a year, so the waves come less frequently, and less intense, but they still come. MAssive anger, loneliness, eating. it sucks. fortunately it's summer on this side of the world, or i'd be depressed, as i was during the winter.
i hope your box comes soon. my box has been delayed by at least a month...bastards

10:54 AM  

Post a comment