Thursday, December 07, 2006

Being Home Sick
I'm sick of this cold action that's cramping my style. I'm taking an apricot flavoured cough-syrup that's part yum and part gah. It also makes me tired. Or maybe that's just the cold.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching a video show on the public access station, and I'm left wondering the following:

  • What ever happened to Wheatus?
  • Has anyone ever heard of Youssou D'Nour?
  • Why doesn't everyone watch this video and laugh along with me? (One of my video pet-peeves is when they over lip-sync like that. Who really licks their lip when they say "lives"?)

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
I think our travel plans are finalized. We leave here (and land there) on the 18th. Yes, that's the 18th that is 11 days from now. We'll hit Nashville for four days and then fly on to Orlando for a week of joy in early January. Then it's back to Iowa until February 8. I'm sure there will be some roadtrips involved in that time -- gotta get to Omaha and likely Des Moines at some point. Sadly, it doesn't look like Indy is in the cards for this trip. :( But who knows... we might get bored at the end of January and hit the road.

Mmm... back to the couch for a nap.

7 Comments:

Dec 07 2006, 08:51 am

I can't believe I just wasted 3 1/2 minutes of my life watching that video. Payback will be mine when you get here....

2:11 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 09:51 am

I don't know if you already have your plane tickets reserved from Nashville to Orlando or how much they cost, but Advantage Air is a new carrier out of Knoxville that's offering one-way flights to Orlando and Tampa for $49... something to think about if it might mean a substantial savings over flying out of Nashborough.

Course that means a 2-1/2 hour drive to Knoxville... but you could stop and say hi!!! ;)

2:11 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 04:31 pm

Thanks for the tip, Barry, but it's all booked already. And actually somehow they've booked the whole trip as roundtrip to Orlando, and the other stops come out of there, if that makes sense? Travel agent theory, I guess. But yeah, we're getting some very generous assistance with our travel plans, so however this angel wants to book it, we're happy to travel. :)

Manda, I propose that be our new themesong. No longer "Burnin' Down the House" by the Talking Heads. No longer "Livin' in a Box" by... Livin' in a Box. No, it could be "Summertime of Our Lives" by a1. Wooooot!

2:12 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 06:26 pm

Ok, but only if we can do the tounge lick every time we say "Lives".

2:12 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 08:09 pm

I'm thinkin' I want to come along on this trip....

2:12 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 09:28 pm

could that song be any funnier? -
"baby baby get down
are you up for it?
baby baby get down"

now they're real lyrics i tell ya!

2:12 PM  

Dec 08 2006, 02:14 pm

i'll keep my eyes on the skies, and maybe i'll see you fly over. :) that'd be enough for me!
LOVE you, and so glad you'll get to visit! it'll make it really feel like christmas for you! yay!! :)

2:13 PM  

Post a comment