Sunday, September 24, 2006

Time Killers
On Friday night, we debated renting a movie. After breezing around the perimeter of the video store, we determined neither of us were capable of making decisions until after our blood-sugar levels were back to normal. So we went home and had a look at what was on television.

We settled on a disaster movie called Category 6: Day of Destruction. Even though it was destined to be a bit campy, we wanted to see the special effects. And, I mean, it starred Nancy McKeehan. "Jo" can't do no wrong, right?

Well, what we didn't know was that when it originally aired in the States, it was a two-part mini-series. Here? It was three hours of our lives that we will never get back. At about 11:30, I decided I really didn't care if everybody died. I just wanted to go to bed. Somehow we suffered through the whole thing, but dang. It was painful.

Those Who Play Together Stay Together
Another time killer this weekend has been Lego Star Wars. Hans got the joysticks to work on his pc, and we've been so addicted to kicking butt in 2-player mode. It's so hilarious the way they've converted episodes iv-vi to Lego. I just want everyone to love it.

From a Land Down Under
Tell me, how could you possibly walk past a construction sign like this and NOT take a picture?

menatwork


Confessions
Yes, I've seen Save the Last Dance and You Got Served. So you know I'm totally going to see Step Up!

3 Comments:

Sep 24 2006, 08:08 am

Thats a great sign!!

12:42 PM  

Sep 25 2006, 11:15 pm

Newly rediscovered. Sorry. Manda told me you moved, but she denies it.
HI!

12:42 PM  

Sep 26 2006, 10:49 am

I love Lego Star Wars! We have it on GameCube, and I suck at it, but it is fun. I rock at Mario Games though.
I'll go to Merridees if you eat some milkbottles for me. Give me a break-I was there in high school, so even though they might be gross lollies, they were MY lollies!
And don't make fun of my monkey child!! We go to the Bellevue Mall every year and get our picture taken with Mickey. It's the closest thing to a family portrait that we have!!

12:42 PM  

Post a comment