Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Let the Countdown Begin
Well, now that the parents know, you might take note of the little countdown I added today. Yes, that's really ONE, single, solitary month left, but we're doing things a little differently, so it's do-able. Is there a word for a non-secret elopement? Because that's basically the compromise. Since there is no way that ALL of our loved ones can be there, we're going to have a private ceremony with just us and two witnesses, and then we'll celebrate (and likely do a reaffirmation ceremony) with everyone later.

Please be nice. It wasn't an easy decision, because it's not exactly what every girl dreams her wedding will be like. But after much prayer and discussion, we determined that it's the fairest way to do it for everyone. And it'll make a great story to tell our grandchildren. :)

5 Comments:

Apr 25 2006, 09:58 pm


to be honest, i'm quite jealous of you guys! eloping is more responsible financially, and the celebration can still be had by all at a later time! it's the best thing for you guys!
...and did i mention that i'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU?????!!!!???? i'm not upset...i am happy for you. you're gonna be MARRIED!!!!! woooooo!! congrats, dearie!!! :)
LOVE!

8:30 PM  

Apr 26 2006, 06:00 pm


found this while surfing... none o' my biz... but i support your brave decision... i was at a pre-wedding dinner last night, the bride-to-be spent the whole evening on her cell trying to mediate between warring bridesmaids.... another friend there told me that of her three marriages, the one big-shebang was traumatic and the two quasi-elopements were wonderful. I know, small statistical sample :-) but for what it's worth ey?

and hey you can always have a "renewing your vows" thingummy in 2016 or whenever :-)
congrats and best wishes......!!!

8:31 PM  

Apr 26 2006, 09:31 pm


It sounds like it was the best decision from what you said and that's what counts. :)

8:31 PM  

Apr 26 2006, 10:03 pm


I watched how stressed my sister got last summer....I saw how my friend Joe's family couldn't behave in public at his wedding...I watched as my friend Lea's wedding ballooned from a manageable 30 guests to an unbelievable 180....

I was best man for my best friend, and I went out of my way to ward off any stress they might have had...to little avail...it goes with the day.

My point (and I do have one) is that this is your day, and there are enough stressors going along with the deal to have to stress about the wedding itself and all that jazz....

The day belongs to you guys. Don't worry about the other stuff.

And if it stresses you out, shoot it. It being your wedding day, they can't prosecute in Australia. I read that in a book.

8:31 PM  

Apr 27 2006, 01:26 pm


VERY proud of you.
Cannot WAIT to take snapshots at your US Wedding.
Congrats!
Get the "Wedding Night" talk from Manda...she's a pro!

8:32 PM  

Post a comment