Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How Do I Know These Things?
I was just reminded of a conversation we had over lunch the other day when Marj's parents were at the house. Somehow the discussion turned to how to properly make a martini. (I suspect we were talking about James Bond beforehand, but I can't remember exactly.) Marj's father was a bartender and then bar owner for some years, so I trusted when he told me the difference between a regular martini and a sweet one. And then I made some comment about a dirty martini having the olive juice as well. He had never heard of this variation, which surprised me. And now I'm trying to figure out how I even know this.

I have only ever consumed one, single, solitary martini in my entire life, and it wasn't dirty. (That's a story for another day involving the Grand Prix and Oleg, the white Russian. Man, I miss Krystal!) I'm thinking my old boss drank dirty martinis when we'd all go out for drinks after work. That's the only thing I can think of.

Anyway, I was just pondering that. And I just read that having martinis shaken rather than stirred is a healthier option.

Groovy Duvet
Love this bedding! Suppose my next design is going to require Another's approval as well. He's got pretty good taste though, I must admit. He did a great job picking out a sheet set for my bed before I got here. I should take pictures.

Me and Jen
I just discovered the only other person I've ever heard to have the middle name "Linn" with my spelling. Maybe I should write her a letter or something. (I discovered that while reading the encyclopedia of stage names.)

Lost in Translation
eftpos (eff-poss)
abbr. Electronic Funds Transfer - Point Of Sale. Australian equivalent of the American debit card.
"I need to get cash first, because they don't take eftpos."

We had a comical conversation after a few weeks of me being back here. All along, I thought Hans was saying "F-Pass"... having no idea what that would be, but knowing that it was basically a debit card. Then one day we were at McDonald's, and they had a sign saying that the EFTPOS wasn't working.

I said, "Is THAT what you've been saying??"

He laughed and asked what I thought he had been saying. And after making him say "f-pass" with his accent, he had to admit that they basically sound the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Nov 08 2005, 07:56 pm


you ate mcdonalds? who are you and what have you done to my danielle???

11:39 PM  

Nov 08 2005, 09:14 pm


i miss you.

i was telling one of my friend about demo's today, and i got sad. :(

come back! <3 (you can bring Another with you...)

11:39 PM  

Post a comment