Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Conversation
This morning I came out of my room with my towel on my head and wearing my threadless Katrina:Regrowth t-shirt (with a map of the US on it).
Hans: You're not going to be able to get on the bus with that turban on your head, you know.
Me: I know, but I've got America on my shirt. I'm a good guy, remember?
Hans: Now all you need is a map of Australia... on your butt. The opposite side of the world. Get it? Down under?

Cinematic
My friend Alyda is back from Fiji, so we went out last night to see Elizabethtown without the men. I didn't have high hopes, but I really found myself thinking the whole time, "You want to be Garden State, but you just aren't."

A few things hit quite close to home for me though. Orlando gets off the plane in Lousiville, and when I saw the sign saying that he was approaching Interstate 65 with Indianapolis and Nashville on the sign, I just about jumped out of my chair. I KNOW THAT PLACE!! When I saw the stone walls, I just about cried, because it is such a Williamson County thing to have them. But when she is walking through the "Nashville airport", it must have been in a wing that I have never been in, because those tiled walls were unlike anything I've ever seen there.

Lost in Translation
reckon (rek-un)
v. to think or reason
"I reckon it will take about three hours to finish."

Around here no one "thinks" about anything, you always reckon. Sadly, I'm starting to pick this one up.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Nov 17 2005, 08:34 am


But Elizabethtown has Kirsten Dundst...

And I will admit--it wantign to be Garden State does not encourage me as I found that one to be overrated and pretentious.

11:31 PM  

Nov 17 2005, 09:05 am


I am right there with you on the airport. I was just at the Nashville airport and I made a point of looking for the tiles. No success.

11:31 PM  

Post a comment