Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween
I'll be living vicariously through all of you who live in Halloween-celebrating countries.

Was fascinated by this article about the haunted Mooreland Mansion in Nashville. My old boss used to have his office there, and though he never personally experienced anything ghostly, he heard stories from other people in the building who had. *chills*

How Average Am I
See, what you do is take this list, and then cross off the things that exclude you from the list of things that an average American is:

Eats peanut butter at least once a week
Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky
Can name all Three Stooges
Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart
Eats at McDonald's at least once a year
Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day
Never sings in the shower
Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium
Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000
Has fired a gun
Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall
Weighs 135 to 205 pounds
Is between the ages of 18 and 53
Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option
Grew up within 50 miles of current home

I'm not sure on the gun one. I know we had to use a bow and arrows in gym class, and somehow I want to say that we had the police come in and have us shoot targets with a pellet gun or something like that, but it's all a blur right now.

(Thanks for the two minutes of entertainment, Tommy.)

Roo Sighting
I saw my first kangaroo yesterday riding home from Hans' parents' house on the train. It was just sitting there in a wooded area. If I had turned to look quicker, Hans said I would have seen a whole mob of them. I'm happy with just one.

Weekend Update
  • Friday night we went to Sandgate (which as you can see is only mere miles from where we live in Bracken Ridge to the West). This was so I could see the ocean for the first time since I've been back here. Such a shame to live so close and yet not go there. We sat on the wall dangling our feet as the tide came in and then went for fish'n'chips with Chris & Marj.
  • Saturday Marj's parents came for lunch. Her dad is such an Aussie bloke. He called me "Love" whenever addressing me. I love that. Hehe.
  • Sunday we went to Hans' parents house. I met one of his sisters and her partner. We also met his tante and oom (aunt & uncle) from the Netherlands. Hans' parents immigrated here shortly after his eldest brother was born, I believe. So he hasn't even met most of his relatives. So odd, since my extended family have always been a big part of my life. But they were lovely, and I think we've charmed them into hosting us when we go to Amsterdam for SAIL, the tall-ships festival, in 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a comment