Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Phantom Menace
(I mentioned this over at Erin's and then got mad at Manda for not reading my site not realizing I hadn't said anything about it here. Sorry. There.)

I live across from the high school.
High school band meets during first period.
Except during marching band season, when they start at 7:30 in the morning.
And rehearse.
Outside.
I live across from the high school.

So it's bad enough when they are doing their field routine on the practice field on the other side of our neighbor's house. But when they practice their street marching, they generally congregate right in front of our driveway and proceed to go around and around and around our block.

I can do their drum cadence in my sleep.
I'm starting to hate them.
Their street marching song is "The Phantom of the Opera".
It is a little high for the first trumpets.
At 7:30 in the morning, it is especially painful.
Only one more morning of this.

Garage Sale 2-Day Total?
Almost $200. Is it worth it? Not sure yet. Depends how frazzled I am by Sunday night.

Email Quote From Nate That Made Me Cry
"You are going to do great as an Aussie! As far as our relationship goes, it will not suffer because of this. I could not see you or talk to you for years and you would still be one of my best friends! We are both low maintainance which works out well for us. Don't get me wrong, I am always excited to see you...my words of comfort are...survive. no matter what occurs. I will find you! (te hee!)"

In high school, my group of friends watched Last of the Mohicans RELIGIOUSLY. The last line is a paraphrase of the Waterfall Scene. (And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to go find yourself a Blockbuster pronto.)

That's All Folks
I don't have much else. Too busy to pay much attention to anything worth writing about. Soon I'll have all kinds of good stuff. (We hope.)

0 Comments:

Post a comment