Monday, September 12, 2005

Music: The Paring
I went through all my tupperware crates of cds today and managed to fill an entire one with discs I can live without. Granted, nobody else probably wants them either. But I'm sure someone out there is looking for the first two Out of Eden cds for cheap to round out their collection. I could probably eliminate more, but back off already. I didn't set up my elimination criteria until almost the last crate. But if I listened to it in its entirety in the past year, it stayed. If it didn't have more than two songs I really like, it went. Almost all compilations for magazines or stores or label previews went. Almost everything still in shrinkwrap is in the garage sale pile. (What? We had several labels who were clients and would send us copies of everything they released. Sorry, but none of my favorite bands has ever been on Solid State.)

Speaking of songs, the Three Little Fishies song has been in my head all day. I don't even know the song. Krystal would always sing it as we passed the dam on our way out to Pittsboro. "And they swam and they swam all over the dam." And then we would always say under our breath, "damn".

A Mad Dash
I feel like I am getting things done today. Woohoo! I have been running a series of dashes. What's a dash, you ask? 43 Folders explains it here. Basically, when facing a large task, set extremely small goals to chip away at it. My dashes have been mostly unit-based with rewards involved. I had a rootbeer float for lunch, because I was done going through my dresser drawers.

Interestingly, as I was going through one box, I came across a piece of paper torn out of somewhere. It reads: "If you have a hill to climb, waiting won't make it any smaller." Touché.

Song for the Day
Annie's Song
- John Denver

I came across a cd of music played at my sweet Jenna's wedding, and this song was on it. Her sister Meg put together the best wedding dance compilations EVER. I already told them I might reuse them. :)

~You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again~

0 Comments:

Post a comment