Monday, September 26, 2005

Lost in Translation
sanger (sang'-ah)
n. a sandwich
"Do you like mayo on your sanger?"

Monday, Monday... Nah, Nah, Nah-Na-Na Nah
I've been awake since 6:00, grr. But at least I slept all the way through the night for the first time. Found out some devastating news yesterday. ("Devastating" is so relative when you're jetlagged.) But my mom was going to FedEx over some clothes I couldn't fit in my suitcase and/or forgot, along with my pillow and some books and things. Alas, she found out that she couldn't send clothes that had already been worn unless they were fumegated. (Which made me want to yell "Eff Australia and their customs regulations" -- I didn't fricking fumegate the clothes in my suitcase, nor did they usher me off to a cement room to be deloused when I got in the country. Grr. What the crap?)

I'll probably delete that paranthetical statement when I'm filing for a more permenant visa.

The good news is that I made sure I space-bagged my little down blanket that I take everywhere, because it keeps me warm when I'm slipping into a hypothermic coma while trying to sleep at other people's houses. The bad news is that I don't have a single pair of jeans here, and shopping for jeans makes me want to... I can't even think of what it makes me want to do, but it's bad, whatever it is. They just don't make jeans for tall girls who don't want their crack peeking out.

Moving Right Along Then
Once I got over the idea that I may have to go *gulp* shopping, the day went pretty well. We had a hot breakfast, including toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans... odd, perhaps, yes... but normal here, I guess. We watched Arrested Development on DVD, which is new to them here.

In the afternoon, Hans' brother and sister-in-law (and their really cute toy poodle George) came over to play Killer Bunnies. It was my first time, even though the rest are pretty hardcore about it. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's sort of a geeky strategy game that ultimately just comes down to luck. You'll probably be hearing more about it in the future.

Then Hans and I went over to the house of some of his friends, where we had coffee and chit-chatted and just had a nice time. Then the five of us went to a pizza place called Neo. Our pizza had bacon rashers (I have no idea what that means, but I think they meant to say "Canadian bacon"), potato slices, onion jam, and toasted pinenuts topped with sour cream. It was really good, actually.

But it sounds like the rest of the house is waking up now, so I'll go.

0 Comments:

Post a comment