Monday, July 25, 2005

Happy Birthday, Allison!! Hope you have a super day! LOVE!

Change of Pace
Everything is a bit slower here. I don't know where half of my things are, so my routine is completely off. It is driving me sort of crazy. It's just weird when you go back to a place that knows you best as a person that you really aren't anymore.

That said, I'm finding out that even though I haven't spent more than a couple weeks a year with my mom... I am completely turning into her. Which isn't bad, really. My mom rocks. Just weird.

Today I sat out on the back porch with my coffee and listened to my windchime that I hung the other day. It's a cool windchime. Not one of those loud obnoxious ones. It's more like those chimes that an auxiliary percussionist plays right before the vocals start in a cheesy ballad. Or like with those read-along book and record combos we used to have as kids, and there was a chime that sounded whenever you were supposed to turn the page. Like that. I like it. I may take it to Australia.

Tonight I'm taking my nephew to McDonald's. (yes, it's a small town. McDonald's is still a treat here.) Then we're going to see a handbell choir from Japan. My grandparents took me to see them when I was a kid. I guess I'm paying it forward.

Get Used to It
And to think I was worried about Australia not having the foods I like. A single jar of hummus is not to be found in this town. I am resigned to the fact that I'll have to make it myself, so I found this "Extra Easy" Hummus recipe -- tahini-free since I'm sure I won't be able to find that here either. I'll have to peruse Vickie's recipe box to see if she has anything I want to try.

0 Comments:

Post a comment