Friday, May 13, 2005

Ch-Ch-Changes
Well, it's official, I guess. I'm outta here. I put in my two months' notice with my landlords. It's a bittersweet time here, but I'm trying to focus more on the excited anticipation than on the lamenting.

Funny. When my parents helped me move down to Nashville four years ago, I recall my dad saying that he wouldn't help me move ever again unless it was into my husband's house. Hmm.

I have two months to get to the Country Music Hall of Fame and to find a cheap pair of cowgirl boots. I've always said that I couldn't leave Nashville without having accomplished those two things.

Do not fear. I have no intention of abandoning this place.

All in a Day's Work
I was packing up my office today. Four framed posters. My gold record. (hehe) Four boxes of books and cds. My sewing machine. (don't ask) I inherited the shelf from the corner that used to hold the server. And I took the Hook Award. (The 'Suit boys won it for Best New Artist in 2002, and it has been on or near my desk ever since. They said I deserved it.) That's all my dinky car could hold. I still have to go back for another box of cds, the dishes from the kitchen, and my microwave.

Round... Three?
This has been bothering me all day. I heard Britney's "Do Something" for the first time last night, and there was something so familiar about it. And this morning I realized what it was. SHE RIPPED OFF REDLETTERPROJECT! Hello?! What's the first line of the chorus? "You stare at me like I'm some kind of freak"... and what's the first line of RLP's "Round Two" chorus? "You stare at me like I'm some kind of freak"! Jay just sings it with his clothes on.... well, he did, like five years ago.

I Just Want You to Know Who I Am
Sweet. I want to get my irises (irii, if you will) scanned at the Orlando airport too. I wonder who gets to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a comment