Saturday, April 16, 2005

Let's not talk about taxes... especially estimated tax payments. Except I do have to say that I may have started a trend this year by doing them the day BEFORE they are due instead of the last hour on the 15th.

Oh, and I got a coupon from Chick-fil-A for a free chicken sandwich since it's tax day. Sweet.

This cartoon is for me today.

Ahh-choo!
Let me just say, if you aren't reading The Sneeze regularly, you are doing yourself a disservice. This last week alone has provided some true laugh-out-loud moments. His Steve, Don't Eat It! series is worth going for. Especially his last entry where he tried Cuitlacoche - a mexican corn product that looks like someone scraped it out of a broken garbage disposal.

I was going to try to include a quote to entice you to read it. But there are TOO MANY brilliant moments. Well okay, here's one:
"Before I even got the whole can open, I detected a vague aroma of sweet corn, along with what I can only describe as a deep musky funk. Put 'em together and it smells like corn that forgot to wipe."

Oh gosh. Just go read it.

And now there's a series calling attention to an altered version of the peanut butter classic that the manufacturer wants to call "Simply Jif". Start here, then here, and then here, and you should be caught up.

Song for the Day
A Little Respect
- Erasure

I heard this song in a store today and wanted to skip down the aisles singing at the top of my lungs. I didn't. But I did have a little groove to my step from then on.

~I try to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart
I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue
That you give me no reason
Why you're making me work so hard~

0 Comments:

Post a comment