Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Reduce Reuse Recycle
My freshman year for speech contest, 15 of us did an awesome Reader's Theatre. (We got straight 1's at state but were robbed of All-State.) The whole point was Hug a Tree / Save the Earth. I even wore planet Earth earrings.

I think that one speech was what made me feel so guilty for not being involved in a recycling program. Seriously, I cringe having to throw away plastic bottles and tin cans, but I didn't know what to do about it.

Well, this weekend, my roommate and I commited to reducing, reusing, & recycling. We can recycle all this stuff, and there are convenient drop-off centers and everthing. (Not as convenient as if they would come and pick it up, but what can you do?)

For Your Viewing Pleasure
I believe that Napoleon Dynamite was showing at our house at least six times this weekend. And we didn't even do the Audience Participation thing yet.

Cold Weather, Warm Hearts
I saw Vickie's delicious stew recipe on the Glen this morning. I may have to give that a try sometime, but I only have the ingredients for my mom's homemade chicken soup. I hope to make that this afternoon if I can get over the mental hurdle of touching raw chicken.

Brother Update
My parents met with my brother's therapists and doctors on Friday morning, and based on his improvement last week, they think he will be able to go home this next weekend. Yay!

He actually called me on Saturday. My parents got him a pass to go out to a restaurant with them for lunch, and on the way back to the hospital, they let him use their phone to call me and my sister. It was sweet. He's almost the kid I knew, but the conversation was still a bit confused.

Song for the Day
Is it a jeans commercial? I don't remember, but it's that gorgeous "Are You Beautiful" song by Chris Pierce. You can listen to the full song on the Player here.

0 Comments:

Post a comment