Thursday, January 13, 2005

If You Complain Once More
A certain someone made me aware of this bit of news. Apparently Bjork will be releasing a double-cd set of only covers and remixes of her hit "Army of Me"... with all the proceeds going to UNICEF. The news post yesterday mentioned they were getting a lot of mixes, but they were requesting more covers. Funny, I happen to know some lads who did a pretty nice version, I'd say.

Other Musical Tidbits
-- I noticed that one of my old favourite music blogs has been resurrected. Long live the rub.

-- The Magic Numbers. You heard it here first. (Probably.) Just listen to the snippet of their first single. They're also featured on one track on the new Chemical Brothers album -- "Close Your Eyes". I predict you'll be hearing their name some more in the future.

-- I woke up singing "Movie Star" by Waltz for Venus this morning. Catchy little diddy! (It's the third song on their little player thingie.) "Please acknowledge me"... I love that. And group singing. You can't beat a rock anthem with group singing.

Trivia Time (Read: Help, This is Driving Me Crazy)
Several years ago there was an ad on television. I want to say that it must have been for a restaurant. I think the premise was that a dad was telling about his woes of ordering children's meals.

The one line I remember:
"She was like 'That'll be $14.52 please.' and I was like 'Whaaaat?! Never again.'"

Name that television commercial. Come on, this is something that Jeopardy champs should know.

0 Comments:

Post a comment