Thursday, January 27, 2005

Happy Birthday to my brother Joe! (Pressies arrive when I do in two weeks.)
And, of course, happy Australia Day! :)

Erin's Random Tuesday Question
RTQ #22: What is the hardest thing/habit you've ever given up or are currently trying to?

I can't think of anything. I'm a succumber. I presently have every bad habit I've ever picked up. (Not true... but generally I can give up anything I want to... I just don't want to give up coffee.)

An Alcove in the Heart: "Sidney Diamond and Estelle Spero had met and become best friends and sweethearts in early adolescence, and the way seemed clear to marriage—until Pearl Harbor. Sid left college to enlist, but, determined to maintain the closeness of their relationship despite time and distance, wrote to Estelle almost every day... When Estelle learned of his death, she promised herself to do something, somehow, to prevent his name from sinking into oblivion. With this book, she has kept her promise."

I'm so tempted to buy that book. There is something so sweet about a long-distance love and something so very interesting about a first-hand account of the life of a soldier at war.

Blog Tag
And I'm apparently it... however it's going to take me a little bit to sort that all out. Does only this computer count? Or do I have to pull out my old one and see what I've got on there too?

Song for the Day
In Our Gun - Gomez
I heard this song for the first time yesterday, and I dig it lots for some reason.

~The first words that came could've been more inspired
You must be hungry or tired or frozen
So put up your feet, throw some coal on the fire
And weave us a tale of delight~

0 Comments:

Post a comment