Friday, December 10, 2004

Seeing Green
Today it has been determined that I could never be a Fear Factor contestant. This morning I bravely downed a shot of wheat grass chased by half a glass of carrot juice, and let me tell you the thought still makes my body shudder and my face contort. If you don't know... you really have no idea. That is a whole new level of ICKINESS beyond anything I have ever experienced before.

Wheatgrass 101: It Tastes Like Hell, but Makes You Feel Swell. "Swell" isn't exactly the word I want to use right now.

Simmer Down
I witnessed the strangest exchange this afternoon as I was walking to the post office. I heard yelling, and as I got closer, there was a man standing in the parking lot of the post office yelling for an older man in a minivan to come over to him. The man in the minivan was yelling something unintelligible, but it was easy to decipher the final two words. "$&#* YOU!"

So then Older Man in Minivan is stopped at the intersection that I am about to cross. I decide to wait for him to go, not wanting to end up being driven over should he decide to gun it in another fit of rage. So I'm looking at him, and he is maybe late 50's/early 60's, and the guy is trying to put on one of those plastic tubey oxygen inhaler thingies.

I'm left with two thoughts about the whole thing:

#1. I am so thankful that I am not easily angered. That poor man is going to give himself a heartattack.

#2. Be careful when being an idiot, because people are probably watching.

Bravi, Bravi, Bravissimi
My roommate and I have been totally hooked on Bravo lately. How can you not be hooked on Project Runway. It's like the American Idol of the fashion industry. If they ever rerun the first episode, you have to get a load of the "Follow Your Bliss" guy. He was a little hard to take, but it was sort of fun to watch his demise.

We're also newly addicted to Significant Others. It's so messed up, but I love the idea of an improv-comedy.

And speaking of other shows I'm addicted to... Iron Chef: America! Hello! 2005 is going to be a good year. (I just discovered IronFans.com. I am such a geek, but the thing is... I'm okay with that.)

0 Comments:

Post a comment