Sunday, November 21, 2004

Warning: Next Paragraph May Be Disturbing to Some
I'll admit it. I totally watched Sportscenter last night. I know... I don't seem the type, but when you're a girl who had two guy best friends in high school, you pay attention to the sports (NBA) they like and even start to enjoy them yourself. (My favourite player is/was little Steve Kerr. The cutie-patootie.) But I haven't paid attention in years. Honestly. Hockey is my only vice.

So yeah... about that Pistons/Pacers game. Pretty amazing.

I hope they press charges against those yahoos in the crowd. Tommy has his theories. (Or rather shares someone else's.) But I think that a lot of spectators these days, be they sports fans or concert goers or what-have-you, seem to have forgotten their role as "watchers".

Spongebob Collapse... I beat the web version.

Uno Dos Tres... Bono?
My Spanish may be a little rusty... but isn't catorce "fourteen"?

(I finished yesterday's Time Warp post.)

TIME WARP POST
Saturday, October 23
ngunguru.nz / auckland.nz


This day was truly a day of joy. After breakfast at Schnappa Rock, we took a real life boat tour. On the ocean! To Poor Knights Islands. I took a whole roll, but here are a few.

We took the boat inside the world's largest natural sea cave called Rikoriko (photo). Here's the cave opening (photo). There was another cave-type thing we went in that had a peephole in the ceiling (photo).

Did I fail to mention how windy it was when the boat was at full-speed and the sexy outfits we had to wear? (photo)

Because it was such a calm day and we had extra time, the skipper took us over to the Pinnacles & Sugarloaf, also known as the Poor Squires (photo), to see the sea lions (photo). Cute!

We played some more Scrabble back at the house and then took another lazy drive back to Auckland. (Stopping for flatwhites and found my fabulous new black skirt somewhere along the way.) And where was this again?

Four unique nature things from New Zealand:
- wild lilies everywhere
- these red flowered trees
- pukeko, okay not a real one, but they are the cutest bird ever. I'm going to even say cuter than the kiwi. From now on, I'm calling NZ natives pukekos instead of kiwis.
- this, beautiful

0 Comments:

Post a comment