Sunday, November 28, 2004


TIME WARP POST
Saturday, October 30
albany.au


Today we got up really early (though not as early as we would have had to get up if we took the other shuttle like Hans wanted to originally. I am not a morning person. I am the voice of reason.). We flew to Albany on a crop duster and went for the "best landing ever".

We even landed early, so we had to wait at the airport for my uncle. (photo) Uncle came and took us back to their house, which is situated one block away from the Princess Royal Harbour. Met up with Aunt & cousin Lucy at the house and had coffee and anzac cookies. Mmmm.

Because it was a blustery day, it was determined that it would be a perfect afternoon to visit a couple of spots on the coast... because the tumultuous seas make them more exciting. (photo) The first was a place called The Gap. (photo 1: Hans in the wind; photo 2: white water churning in the gap) Loved the warning signs about being unexpectedly swept out to sea by large waves. There is also a natural bridge that we didn't cross due to the winds. (photo)

We also walked down to a place called The Blowholes... called such because on days like this, the force of the water hitting the coast sends spurts of air and water through cracks in the rocks... much like a whale's blowhole. However, it was so cold and so rainy/misty/wet that we could barely stick around to see them go off. It was a long 3 km walk for pretty much one spurt.

We went back home to dry off, warm up, and eat lunch. Then we kids played a nice little cardgame I brought along called Kuuduk. We took naps. And later I went for a little walk.

That night we had "tea" (aka. "supper" or "dinner") with my Aunt's parents. My cousin Brenton called in to say hello since he wouldn't be around while I was there... only I think he enjoyed talking to Hans more than me. *superstar* Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a comment