Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Random Tuesday Question
#13: Name your favorite plaything(s) from childhood

I had a box of dress-up clothes and a school desk... and with those we invented the most fun scenarios. My favourite was a make-up distribution company called Pinnoche Make-Up. I can't remember my toys.

Give Me Some Burnin' Love
I got my replacement cd/dvd drive today. Woohoo! I can burn again! I can burn again!

A Conversation
Manda: I got you a present.
Me: What is it?
Manda: I'm not telling.
Me: Well, I got you a present in New Zealand, and I'm not telling you either.
Manda: I'll tell you if you tell me.
Me: I've kept it a secret for two weeks, I can go another four.
Manda: Oh yeah? I see your four weeks and raise you four more!

I'm a little perplexed about this present though. She called me on Sunday and asked for my shoe size and then hung up. And something about Leslie needing to help her with something, and if I think about it long enough I could figure it out. Well, thinking.... hmm, not figuring it out.

Song for the Day
The One and Only
- Chesney Hawkes

Don't tell me you didn't love this song in junior high. I remember being in Spanish class singing "yo soy el uno y solo". I have no idea why it was in my head today.

~I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me~


TIME WARP POST
Tuesday, October 26
brisbane.au


Got up. Got ready. Called my friend Pete, who I hadn't actually met in person before. We somehow got to emailing back when the guys were the old band, and when he found out I was going to Brissie, he said we had to get in touch.

He came over to the house. I gave him an EP. We chit-chatted for half an hour, and then Hans and I had to leave.

We walked to the train station and went to meet his friend (and her new baby) for lunch at Pandemonium, I believe. We stopped to visit his office, tooled around Brisbane, tried to call Fiona (photo) and eventually went to see Steamboy (the 2.4-billion yen movie).

Flatwhites in the Valley. Train ride back. Walk home in the dark. Lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a comment