Friday, November 19, 2004

...and just like that I'm down to 1% in my hotmail storage.

I never expected to see this.

Shout outs to Jenny and her great taste in children. (She said my goddaughter is adorable, and she is correct.)

Purple Saber
You have a Purple Lightsaber.

Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. Purple denotes high spirituality and religious aspiration. Purple also represents Peacefulness and Purification. It also has a sense of intuitive understanding and a feeling of intimacy with the world.
What Colored Lightsaber Would You Have? (via Allison)

The Importance of Punctuality. "Because liberty is at stake here."

Music of the Day
I'm listening to Josh Groban really loud. He's been on my mind since that beautiful performance on the AMAs. (Manda, I know he's your man, but can I have him for today?)

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
I was disturbed to find out yesterday that there is more than one way to say "Thanksgiving". Did you know that? Manda told me how people in Florida say it, and we both declare that they are wrong.

So poll time... do you say "THANKS-giving" or "thanks-GIVE-ing"?


TIME WARP POST
Thursday, October 21
auckland.nz / west.coast


(I'm a little foggy on the details of this day, but I will come back and fill in the details tonight.)

Today's adventure started at the Auckland Museum, where we looked around and caught the Manaia Cultural Performance. (photo)

We drove up the west coast a ways and visited the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial. (photo: my film got messed up) I forget where this one was taken, but I want to say somewhere near Mission Bay.

Later we drove up to Piha, a beautiful surfing beach. (photo) Let me tell you, this girl from land-locked Iowa was loving every second of this coastal tour!

On our way back to Auckland, I asked Tash to stop on the side of the road so that I could take a picture of the beautiful countryside. (photo) There was an old man walking along the road, and he came over to me when he saw that I was going to take a photo.

He said that a lot of people stop there to take pictures. His name is Louie. He came from Bohemia but was kicked out of the country during the war. His buddy had family in New Zealand, and that was how he ended up there. He was such a charming old man. I asked if I could take his picture, but he said he didn't want to ruin the view.

I want to say that later this night we had flatwhites with Frances & Jo, but I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a comment