Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Let's see... today I worked all day. Except when I went to Best Buy for a webcam and headset. (Live shows nightly... kidding.) Ran into Phil & Heather there, and they were pleased that I enjoyed New Zealand. He commented on my greenstone. And then I killed two hours having to run an errand in Nashville. And then later I went to Borders with Petra & Connie. But other than that, it's been work. Boring work.


TIME WARP POST
Monday, October 18
nashville.to.la


Make 'Em Laugh
So I was on my way. Had a funny experience in the Nashville airport...

I was waiting in line at a shop, and a gentleman was making wisecracks to his wife who was in line. He was quite funny. His name was Thomas. I only know this because his wife kept saying, "Oh Thomas..." after every joke.

An announcement came over the PA that some flight was within range, and he said, "The plane is in range. I guess that means they can shoot it down." At that point I couldn't hide my laughter any more and chuckled to myself.

He thanked me for laughing, because it seems like people are too busy being serious these days.

California, Here I Come
This was my first time past the Rocky Mountains. Ooo! On the way to L.A., I read all but five pages of It's All Downhill from Here... trying not to laugh out loud.

Towards the end of the flight, I ended up talking to the nice lady named Marcia sitting next to me. She asked about my trip and had lots to say about the land down under as she and her husband had gone several years back. She is from L.A. and walked me out to the sidewalk to get me pointed in the direction of my next terminal. She even gave me a hug. Angels all around us, I say.

I sat on a bench outside the International Terminal waiting for Tash to get in. I was doing a little pen sketch of the restaurant. A man walked past me slowly, staring at me intently. A little freaky, but he kept going, so I kept not paying attention to him. A while later he came back and stopped. He asked about my drawing. Turns out he was a Peruvian in the states visiting his sister and was on his way to Guatemala. There was a definite communication barrier, but it was a sweet broken conversation anyway.

Tash and I met up just before our flight was going to board. Perfect timing. We were on our way!!

0 Comments:

Post a comment