Saturday, November 20, 2004

Last night I watched a DVD that Hans gave me called Two Hands starring Heath Ledger. It's really Aussie, and I'll have to watch it again to catch all the dialogue. It was really good but disturbing. He said it's like Pulp Fiction where you laugh but then feel bad about it. Yeah.

Speaking of Pulp Fiction, yesterday I saw the hilarious video for "KountrylGentleman" by FamilylForcel5. Genius. Gotta love any song that mentions "the dirty south" more than once.

I'm house/dog/teen-sitting at the house with no internet this weekend, so I'll have to catch up on the timewarp posts on Sunday night.


TIME WARP POST
Friday, October 22
east.coast / ngunguru.nz


(I forgot to mention that the day before we went to Burgerfuel and saw Stepford Wives.)

Today we took a lazy drive up to the bach. :) hehe. (photo) That still sounds funny to me. (We cruised through the mini-town of Puhoi with the mini-library.) (photo)

We stopped at the Whangarei Town Basin for a little shopping, a little glass-blowing watching, and another flatwhite. Then Tash surprised me with a stop at the Whangarei Falls. (photo)

We brought our things to the beachhouse and checked out the view of Ngunguru Bay from the lookout above. (photo) Then we continued our coastal adventure with stops at Whangaumu (photo, at least I think that's where this was), Whale Bay (photo), Whooley's Bay & Sandy Bay. Then we backtracked to Tutukaka for lunch at Schnappa Rock (photo).

After such a big morning, we went back to the bach to chillout and relax and nap. That didn't last very long for me, so with a lot on my mind, I went walking along the bay to pray and think. (photo)

That night we had the most amazing fish & kumara chips. I don't think I've mentioned the joys of kumara yet. Oh. My. Goodness. It's basically potato wedges made with sweet potatoes instead. May not sound as divine as it truly is. Between kumara and flatwhites, I was prepared to move. :)

We finished the evening with several rousing games of Scrabble (photo) while listening to the television in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a comment