Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's Always the Idiots
Why? Why, when the press is milling around looking for someone to make a statement, does it have to be that the only one saying anything happens to be one of the world's greatest idiots?

Allow me to quote an excerpt from a Detroit News article: (emphasis mine)
"What really, really surprised me was after they went into the crowd, it seemed like no one was stopping the players," said Andrew Merritt, 27, of Rochester Hills, who watched the fight unfold with his friends from the other side of the arena. "It bothered me. What these guys did -- and the fact that these players were able to get at the fans like they did."

Merritt said he stood frozen as he watched.

...

"Why wasn't anyone taking Artest out of there?" said Merritt, who swore he would never go to another NBA game.
Dude, unless you were punched in the face, don't even talk to me... Mr. I Stood Frozen on the Other Side of the Arena. Let me guess... you stopped flying after 9|11 too.

Well, I hereby declare that I will never go to another NBA game either. (Of course, my reason is just that I no longer live in Indianapolis and no longer work for a man who has access to free tickets.)

Don't Get Me Started
I'm not crabby today, but for some reason those stupid "Support the Troops" ribbon car magnets are bugging the crap out of me today. It's not the magnets, per se, as I'm all about supporting the troops. But what's up with people sticking them on at an angle or worse yet completely sideways?

The ribbon is supposed to be an up-and-down loop, people. Please... I know what it says, even if the writing slopes up a little bit. I'm sure even Andrew Merritt can figure it out. You don't need to tip it sideways for us.


TIME WARP POST
Monday, October 25
brisbane.au


We arose and shown (arised and shined?) and went out for brekkie at some cafe in Paddington.

Then we were off to the magical world of Lone Pine ("The First and Largest Koala Sanctuary in the World"... which begs the question: exactly how many koala sanctuaries are there?). (map) We saw bats and lizards and dingos and wombats and a cute little turtle and parrots. And since it is spring there, we saw lots of koala babies. (photo)

They look so cuddly. (photo) And they are... teehee. (photo)

Fi fed the wallabies. (photo) And then I fed a kangaroo. (photo) Slimy lickers, those roos. We also watched the sheep dog demonstration. (photo)

After an exciting afternoon at Lone Pine, we went to this great little cafe place for some yummy nachos and flatwhites. Mmm. Then we went back to their house to get my stuff, and we headed over to Hans' place. (After stopping to pick up dessert and flowers.)

We had a lovely dinner on the patio with Hans' housemates. People keep bringing up the huntsman spider, only I don't think they realize that this idea is not making me want to move to Australia one tiny bit.

Finished the night exchanging pressies. He gave me the Two Hands DVD, Computer Waiting Games book (brilliant), some Crocodile Hunter snacks and little things. I gave him some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, a stuffed Zim, and some other things. And then we had a big long talk on the couch. Went to bed with a full head and heart.

0 Comments:

Post a comment