Tuesday, November 09, 2004

In the spirit of a 4th-grade English assignment, I would like to write the following:

What JetLag Means to Me

Jetlag to me... means cereal at 3:30am. Why not?

Jetlag to me... means playing on your computer until 4:30 in the morning without realizing the time, because your body says it's still 8:30 at night.

Jetlag to me... means lying wide awake for two more hours and looking at the clock in ten minute increments.

Jetlag to me... means knowing that it starts getting light at 5:37 though the sun isn't actually out yet.

Jetlag to me... means watching a ladybug circle the ceiling can be extremely entertaining for a good 45 minutes.

Jetlag to me... means drifting off only minutes before the alarm goes off the first time.

Jetlag to me... means that no amount of coffee was going to make this better today.

Jetlag to me... means wanting to vomit (VOMIT!) from 1:00 to 6:00 this afternoon.

Jetlag to me... means the following common symptoms:
- Fatigue (check)
- Disorientation and/or grogginess (check)
- Nausea and/or upset stomach (check)
- Headaches and/or sinus irritation (check)
- Insomnia and/or highly irregular sleeping patterns (check)
- Dehydration and loss of appetite (wait, I'm starving)
- Irritability (screw you)
- Irrationality (I want to die)

0 Comments:

Post a comment